Do you like eating healthy and have a correct lifestyle? If yes come and enjoy our company! We will go in the exact place in which the Mediterranean Diet was born! We will visit farms, do savory tasting and between nature and cooking laboratory we will show you all the production processes of food at the base of the Mediterranean diet.
The project is born in order to make known the importance of the Mediterranean Diet in the world. The tour is perfect for groups of young people but it is very interesting also for adults.
– 5 days /4 nights in Oasi del Fauno
– Half board
– Supervisor speaking Italian / English / German
– Programs for evenings and free time
– Visit to the dairy farm + buffalo mozzarella tasting
– Visit to the mill + cooking laboratory in the afternoon
– Visit to olive groves + visit to the olive oil mill with tasting + cooking laboratory in the afternoon
– Visit to the archaeological area of Elea- Velia
– Boat ride in Alento Dam
– Cooking day in order to prepare the “Big Mediterranean Dinner ”.
- OTHER INFO
The Mediterranean Diet project is an exciting gastronomic tour created for whoever wants to walk on the tracks of Mediterranean Diet and retrace with it the production phases of some food that belong to it.
The tour starts in Pioppi, its birth place, continues with gastronomic stages and finishes the last night with the “Big Mediterranean Dinner”, that will be prepared by the participants of the tour according to the things they have learned during the previous days.
What we will visit? We will visit the dairy farm, where a guide will bring us inside the building to show us all the production processes starting from the buffalo (seeing where they live, what they eat, the milking, etc) until the finished products passing through the processing techniques; then we will go to the olive oil mill to see how the extra virgin olive oil is made (why it is so healthy) and finally we will go to the mill to watch how from wheat we have flour in all its varieties.
Every time there will be a tasting and each afternoon there will be a cooking laboratory.
Furthermore to leave space to the culture we suggest you to go to visit the archaeological area of Elea-Velia with its ancient ruins. In this amazing project can’t miss the boat ride in Alento Dam in order to enjoy the surrounding uncontaminated nature.
For groups of young people:
€ 138 pro person (incl. water during the meals)
The 12. person is free
For groups of adults:
€ 167 pro person (incl. water during the meals)
The 16. Person is free
Surcharge of high season pro person pro day:
- 27 June – 19 July : € 3,50
- 20 July – 31 July: € 5,50
- 1 August – 7 August: € 7,50
- 28 August – 1 September: € 7,50
- 2 September – 9 September: € 3,50
* For every additional night € 18 pro person in halfboard for young people
* For every additional night € 27 pro person in halfboard for adults
Half board: Breakfast in buffet form and served dinner
- Continental Breakfast
Coffee, tea, milk (warm and cold), hot chocolate, fruit juices, water, Müsli, cereals, Cornflakes, bread slices, butter, marmalade, honey, spreaded choco cream, rusks, cheese and ready-sliced meat, tomatoes, salad and fruits.
Every day a new specialty: cake, waffeln, yoghurt, eggs, croissants
First course (Pasta or risotto or pizza)
Second course with side dish
Fruits or dessert